Welcome, glad you came to visit. Check in periodically to find out about specials at Patricia Rose, to share some herbal information I have learned about and a recipe here and there. Let's just enjoy a nice chat together. Looking forward to seeing you frequently!


Thursday, August 28, 2008

These Are a Few Of My Favorite Things

Feel like I'm on the countdown for New Year's Eve, it's almost Pink Friday. Such a theme--These Are a Few Of My Favorite Things. This is an anything goes theme and should be alot of fun. I cannot wait, again, to see what is going to be out there. It is always so much fun.

I put up two of the favorite things of mine that I make. Herbal Bath Bags which are so wonderful to use in the bath to relax. The fragrance is just this side of heaven. Not the prettiest thing I make, but it sure is an indulgence!

The other item I put up is an herbal Hot Pad to protect your table from being marked by hot serving dishes or pans. They have an herbal (actually, spice) packet that releases its fragrance when the warmth of the serving dishes permeates the pad. It too smells YUMMY!

We have been having so many cool nights lately, I can hardly believe it is still August. This is an awfully strange summer. Hope this doesn't mean it's going to be a harsh and early winter. But, what I was going to tell you is that with these cool nights, those of us in a rural environment and a suburban environment have to be aware that those rascally rodents are going to start looking for a place to winter over. Remember, mice really hate the scent of peppermint. So sprinkle some peppermint leaves or peppermint essential oil where these little demons like to nest.

And, speaking of rascally rodents, don't mulch your plants for winter until we've had a good freeze. Mice and chipmunks and moles find that all your lovely mulch is an ideal place to nest and almost invariably will damage your beautiful perennials and roses. So the moral of this story, don't mulch too early!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, thank you so much for those tips...I will pass them on. I slipped over to take a look at your site, it is beautiful... I wish you were physically closer, I would definatley drop in to check out your scented hot pad idea...Do you have special ones for Christmas? That I would buy!

Angel Heart Designs said...

ooh! Love your ideas Pat..and thanks for the mulching tip! I HATE...to be in my garden and see critters under stuff...yikes! have a great week!
Cindy :)

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Great tips on the mulching Pat! We have tons of moles too.

Cathy said...

Hi Pat,

Thank you for all your sweet words on my recent Country Victorian feature. I so appreciate your kindness.

xo Cathy

Deb said...

Hi Pat.....thanks for the tips about mice....didn't know they hated peppermint!

Pink hugs,
Debbie