Welcome, glad you came to visit. Check in periodically to find out about specials at Patricia Rose, to share some herbal information I have learned about and a recipe here and there. Let's just enjoy a nice chat together. Looking forward to seeing you frequently!


Monday, June 23, 2008

Show and Tell



BEFORE






It's Show and Tell Monday at Make Mine Pink. Well, my poor old sewing machine went sneakers up last week--it's currently at the spa getting rejuvenated. I think I should do the same for me!!
It was a very exciting week for me regardless! Joyce Lucas, owner of Make Mine Pink, posted last week that there was a request for Victorian parlor items to be featured in a magazine, Country Victorian. I was not going to participate because I felt I was too new at this. Then after a little thought, decided to take a chance and send in a picture of two.
Some of my pink sisters and Joyce (affectionately known as Mama Bear) offered encouragement and also reminded me that the worst that could happen was to get a no as an answer. So, off went the first picture. I have to tell you, it is pretty awful--photography is not a strong point over here! Unbelievably, I got a response that afternoon that the woman at the magazine was interested if I could get better photography. I have a friend that is a photographer, so I figured I would ask him---noooooooo, in the middle of a big job.
So, that left me to my own devices! More suggestions from my pink sisters and Mama Bear and I got together a few props and waited for the sun to move around the deck so the lighting would be good. My show and tell this week is the best photograph I have ever taken! I know I still have a long way to go, but it's my best and I am happy with it. Whether I get in the magazine or not, I have learned a whole lot from this experience. I'll be much more ready for the next opportunity!! Thank you for all your encouragement, Pinkies!

AFTER

By the way, this is my Old Fashioned Rose Potpourri.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pat!

I am so proud of you!! I am thrilled that they picked your pictures to be in a magazine. And why not? Your poupourri is beauuuutiful! Love all the colors and the way you displayed it. Never think because you are new that it can't happen for you. You are talented and deserve it!
Love your Show and Tell Pat. See you next week!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Did you know I love potpourri! I sprinkle some in all my packages that go out. I just think it is a special touch when you smell and look how pretty it is. I will have to purchase some from you soon. Beautiful pics.... Happy Monday!
Pink Hugs,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I love the rose in the middle of the display...that really caught my eye when I logged on...
take advantage of every opportunity...
Susan *dutchrose*

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

So lovely, I can just smell it! Congrats! Great job! Your potpourri is just beautiful!
Carrie

Cottage Flair said...

Great job on the pictures. I hope you get the magazine.
Jennifer

Susie said...

Oh Pat! I am sooooo proud of you taking that leap in faith and getting accepted. I knew you could do it! How beautiful those pictures are. A rose by any other name.....Gorgeous! Brava!
Susie ~ The Polka Dot Rose

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Pat,

what a great job! The photography you've done was beautiful! It brings out the beautiful colours of your potpourri!

Pei Li

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Pat, the photo is gorgeous! I can smell the fragrance all the way in Texas!

Deb said...

Hi Pat...your rose potpourri looks just delicious! I'm glad you got your photos send in for the magazine.

Pink hugs,
Debbie

Inka Smith said...

Oh Pat,
I am sooo excited for you!!! Those pics look great as does your rose poupourri. Can't wait to hear more about your adventure. Let us all know whats going on.
Inka

gail said...

HI Pat,,, your new pictures look great. I struggle so hard with this also.. I cant wait for the retreat and learn so much more about photography...you did great,, good luck, I hope the magazine works out great! pink hugs, gail

Silena said...

Hi Pat,
Don't you just love learning new stuff!?! Photography is a bigee...it is so difficult if you don't know how and when you get it, it is like a revelation!! Best wishes on your participation in the magazine and whether you are chosen or not, your "after" pictures are magnificent!

Lilli Blue said...

Nice Pat! I love the cameo it is great branding because I know you love cameos. I can't wait now to get my stash from you and start working with it!
You go girl!
Love your buddy, lilli

SoCal Helene said...

Pat, you go girl!! How could they not accept you…….the new pictures are stunning!
Carpe Diem!
Helene
Sisters Gift Company

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Perfect birthday present for me!

Anonymous said...

Pat,
You took wonderful pictures of your potpourri! Just beautiful! Congrats on the mag wanting your pictures! Way to go!