Welcome, glad you came to visit. Check in periodically to find out about specials at Patricia Rose, to share some herbal information I have learned about and a recipe here and there. Let's just enjoy a nice chat together. Looking forward to seeing you frequently!


Monday, December 1, 2008

Show and Tell Monday, 12/1/08

Today is going to be a tell, not a show. I have a lot of news I would like to share with everyone.


First, our dear friend, mentor, Mama Bear and founder of Make Mine Pink, Joyce Lucas is going through a really difficult time right now. Her dear husband, affectionately known as Papa Bear by us Pinkies, is in the hospital following a heart attack. Please will everyone keep them in your prayers. These are such good people, they need to be buoyed up by all right now. Heavens knows, they are always the cheerleaders for all at Make Mine Pink. More than that, they feel like family.

Second, I won a wonderful promotion contest over at The Twisted Sisterhood! I have been given nearly their whole home page. There's a slide show and a bio. How cool is this?? Please take a visit over to see these zany ladies at http://www.thetwistedsisterhood.com/
Third, my sons are volunteer firefighters in our town, Bullville. So of course, firemen being as crazy as they are, their monthly newsletter is The Bull Sheet. This month there is a story I would like to share, it's a bit long, but I think we should all know and pass this on--and I quote:
Subject: Sears and Christmas Shopping
Christmas shopping has already started. I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?
How does Sears treat is employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.
Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.
I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
Pass it on.
Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department: I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.
This is their answer to my email: Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of the greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time. Bill Thorn, Sears Customer Care, webcenter@sears.com, 1-800-349-4358.
Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!
**end quote**
We hear enough bad about the retail giants (albeit, well deserved), this is something really good that I think we should applaud (IMHO).

In celebration of my winning the promotion at The Twisted Sisterhood, I have developed a fabric (silk) covered journal with potpourri permanently in the covers. This will be introduced on my website on Wednesday, 12/3/08. Make sure you check it out. I finished tweaking the prototype and am very happy with the results. Wait until you see!

Don't forget to go shop through the Make Mine Pink Holiday Bazaar Catalog from the Boutiques at Make Mine Pink. This is so gorgeous, you just have to see it.

Sorry I was so long winded today, just one of those days with a lot to share.

17 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

This blog was beautiful, the story very poignant at the present time and makes you believe that there is hope out there.

My prayers are with Joyce and her family.

Thank you for making your blog a sharing time

Marie said...

HI Pat,
Congratulations on winning the Twisted Sisters prize. Thanks for the article about Sears. I will definitely spread the word.
Marie

Patty said...

Beautifully said Pat. Also I am going to check out the other sites you mention thanks . Sweet Pink Hugs Paty

Roxie Morrow said...

Very nice story about Sears, I did not know that. Thank you for sharing, I will tell everyone I know.
xoxo
Can't wait to get my yummy smelling potpourri.
xoxo
Roxie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Great post...and congratulations for your win at Twisted Sisters !!!!

(())

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Wow Pat! Lots of news. Congrats on Twisted Sisterhood. And great article about Sears. I have always been amazed by their contributions to Extreme Home Makeover also. But I didn't know what they did for the military. What a great company! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Have to check out the Twisted Sisters...love that name...and I knew about Sears...all of our appliances are from there...we do try to support them.
Susan *dutchrose*

gail said...

Hi Pat,,, congratulations on winning your contest at the twisted sisterhood. WTG!

I have heard that about sears before as well. I think thats great. It does make you think who to spend your hard earned money with. Have a great day... (())gail

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Pat this was a wonderful post and glad your shared your "tell." Congratulations on winning, hugs to MB, hugs to Sears and looking forward to seeing your new goodies on Wed.
Shell

Fifi Flowers said...

Thanks for sharing all your stories... the blog world is amazing and apparently so is Sears... WOW.
ENJOY!
Fifi

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Pat your blog was lovely. Thanks for the Sears article. I will pass it along.
Carrie

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi pat,

Congratulations on winning the Twisted Sisters prize. You are one lucky gal!

Have a good week ahead.

Pei Li

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi Pat,
Congratulations on winning the twisted sister promotion prize!

And thanks so much for letting me know about Joyce and PB. I hadn't been on the MMP forum the last couple of days and had no idea. :(

I popped over and got the updates..thank goodness things have gone well so far.

Kimberly :)

Unknown said...

The Patriot that I am, I applaude Sears for their actions regarding their employees in the Military. Thank you Patricia Rose for keeping us in the know! There is always something at Sears someone on our list needs!

As my father would say "Semper Fi".
and
God Bless America,
-Jennifer and Dutchess

Deb said...

Hi Patricia,

What a nice post about Sears....thanks for letting us know! Congratulations on winning the Twisted Sisters contest. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. :)

Hugs,
Debbie

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I can't seem to find where to follow your blog?????help!
Pat

Wildflowerhouse said...

Pat, Thanks for the information about Sears. I shall make a point of shopping there and leting people know. You have a very interesting blog and love your Etsy. I will be back. Happy holidays!